Our Car Monitor service helps to keep track of when your car MOT, tax and insurance is due.
MOT and tax data
When you add your car’s registration to Car Monitor, we get the MOT and tax expiry dates automatically from the DVLA. It can take up to 5 days for the DVLA to update their database if you’ve recently renewed these. If the date is wrong, or hasn’t been updated, you’ll need to contact the DVSA to ask them to correct it.
Car insurance renewal date
We get your car insurance expiry date from when you first signed up to Car Monitor, or from the date you told us the last time you got a car insurance quote on MoneySuperMarket.
How to add a new car through the website
To add a new car, simply head to the ‘Monitors’ section of your account dashboard, and select either ‘Add Car Monitor’ if you don’t have this set up yet, or select “Add another car” underneath your existing car. If you need to remove the old car, just click the X beside the car in your Car Monitor.
When adding a new car, you just need to tell us the registration number and your insurance expiry date, and we’ll fill in the rest.
How to add a new car through the MoneySuperMarket app
To add a new car on the app:
- Tap on Bills
- Then tap on Add in the top right corner
- Then tap Car Insurance
- Tap Next and then fill out your registration and insurance details
How to delete a car through the MoneySuperMarket app
To delete a car from your account on the app:
- Tap on Bills
- Swipe left on the car you wish to remove
- Tap Delete
How to update your insurance expiry reminder in the app
If your insurance expiry date has changed, here’s how you can update it in the app:
- Tap Bills from the app homepage
- Select the vehicle you need to amend
- Select the Insurance tab under ‘Important dates’
- Tap the three dots in the top right-hand corner
- Tap Delete policy
- You can then add your updated expiry date by tapping the Add insurance expiry date link and filling in the information